Monday, January 11, 2010

cut ties with bloody idiots

i really think i’ve been the nicest i know how to be my entire life.

i’ve never hurt people intentionally
and i really try to give people the benefit of a doubt when their actions are hurtful, even if it’s done to me.
i choose to see things from other people’s shoes so that i understand the reason behind their actions.
i think before i act, to make sure my emotions don’t rule my actions, so that i don’t give people unfair treatment.
and when i realise i’ve done something i shouldn’t, i’m always tormented by my own guilt.
however angry i am at some people, i never give them a piece of my mind no matter how tempted i am.
i try to give them a chance to redeem themselves, with explanations or alternative course of actions.
and at the very end of it, i don’t even hope for karma. i just hope that one day, they realise their mistakes and learn and change for the better.

but why don’t i get even that bit of treatment in return?
it’s utterly frustrating.

and then it’s so easy to give up and give in and say ‘it doesn’t pay to be nice’.
but no, i’m not like that.
i won’t be like that.

i just wish such people would stop entering my life
and that the ones currently in it would vanish from it forever.
i really deserve better.

No comments: