Saturday, January 23, 2010

don't take for granted

Life is unpredictable and fragile.

I wish this entire episode is just a dream. Some drama or sick joke.

I still can't believe he's gone. He's not coming back. I miss my father. As little as we interact, there's this indescribable sense of comfort in the little "have you had dinner?"s and simply bumping into him downstairs, greeting him and his nod in acknowledgement. And even hearing his familiar snore next door, a sound I've giggled about since I was young.

Don't take for granted your loved ones will always be around. Don't take for granted that he'll be there to give your hand in marriage, and watch you form your own family. Don't take for granted he'll live till a ripe old age...

What I wouldn't give to see your face again

No comments: